Center mind map
Collapse/Expand all nodes
1. Robert Walton
2. Mrs. Saville, his sister
3. On a journey to the North Pole region in order to find a passage from the Pacific to the Atlantic
4. He's committed to adventure and discovery
One month the ship is trapped in ice and fog
5. He admires him tremendously, feeling that Victor could be the friend that he never had.
6.one month has elapsed the accident is the ship is trapped in and fog.
7.the man says he is seeking one who fled from me.
8. the man seems to be mysterious, and Walton finds the man eloquent.
9. Walton begins writing the biography of victor. victor slowly regains his health. Victor tells Walton that his quest will lead to his misery. Walton is intrigued ad wants to listen to his stories.
10.a week, the monsters been running wild, he wants to go along with it as long as he's going north.
11. The narrator switches to victor Frankenstein.
12. victors fathers best friends was her father. Beaufort fell into poverty and eventually died.
13. the man was born in Geneva Switzerland. his father held a public office.And both his parents doted on him and idolized him.
14. Henry clerval is Elizabeth brother, he is victor's best friend.
15. clerval loves the stories of medieval knights and chivalry. elizabeth enjoys the emotional aspect of poetry. victor is fascinated with the study of science.
16. on a rainy day while on vacation, Victor reads books he finds. Agrippa is an ancient scientist who studied alchemy. his books are out dated and unscientific.
17.alchemy and research for the fountain of youth.
18.victor decides to study electricity and galvanism. the process of using electricity to reanimate dead creatures.
19.He credits krempe for encouraging him to study this and blames waldman for his destruction.
20. Caroline catches scarlet and dies after nursing Elizabeth back to health. Her father dies the same way and so does wanton.
21. Danube, 43 miles north of Munich. the university founded there in 1472 moved to landshut in 1802 and to Munich in 1826.
22. He learns how the human body is created. Yes, its a good basis for making such a description.
23. Waldmen teaches chemistry, victor admires the mans sophisticated manners.
24.victor devotes his study only to natural philosiphy and chemistry.
25. victor keeps his experiments secret from everyone.when victor interrupts the narration, he acknowledges waltons eagerness.
26.victor steals body parts from the charnel house, dissection rooms and slaughterhouses.
27. Shelley gave them as the starting point of her story
28. In HShelly's novel, little detail about Victor's methods is provided.
29. Victor was horrified and disqusted.
30. He dreams he is embrassing Elizabeth as she turns into a rotting corps of his mother.
31. The creature reaches out his arms and smiles at Victor.Victor is horrified and runs away from his creature.
32. Victor sees Clerval. Victor is delighted and feels" for the first time during many months, calm and serene joy"
33. victor's wife is waiting for. Henry was nursing him.
34. Justine Monte is a young girl adopted into Frankenstein.
35. William is victor's youngest brother and darling of the Frankenstein.
36. After victor has recovered, he introduces Henry to the family.
37. Victor decides to return home and await a letter from his farther specifying the date of his departure. he and cleval take a walking tour.
38. A letter is waiting for him when he returns. His father tells him that is younger brother has been murdered.
40. Victor sees the outline of the monster climbing to the top of Mount Saleve.
41. Victor believes the monster killed William. Victor believes the creature is a "depraved wretch" who delights in "carnage and misery."
43. Justine's defense is she was visiting an aunt and upon her return, heard of William being missing. She spent hours searching for him. The city gates were locked so she was forced to sleep in a barn. Could the murderer have left the necklace in her pocket while she slept?Victor says nothing but becomes filled with despair and horror over his creature.
42. Justine is identified as a murdered because the miniature portrait of Caroline Frankenstein was found in her pocket. Victor says he knows who the real murdered is and it is not Justine.He does not say anything though because he believes everyone will think he is insane.
44. Justine confesses because her priest threatened to excommunicate her. Fearing this would damn her soul, she confesses a lie then feels even greater anguish over this sin. Victor retreated into the corner of the prison and does not speak out in Justine's defense.